Tuesday 31 March 2015

And mermaid-like, awhile they bore her up


Today is such an exciting day. I am delivering Ophelia to the RA for the second round of judging. 
This humble little print is my first attempt at etching and I absolutely loved producing it.
I'm not massively confident about processing further; to be honest I'm just really chuffed to have got to the second round, but there is still a chance of being accepted, and that mere thought fills me with joy. So, I plan to enjoy the experience and hope that I get lucky. It would be so fabulous to have a piece of my work hung in such an amazing exhibition alongside such wonderful artists.
All I can do after today is wait and cross my fingers! :)


3 comments:

  1. I hope the delivery went well!! Congratulations for getting this far in the process, fingers crossed for the next success!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine!
      Yes, she has been delivered and all we can do now is wait! :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure whether you will get this but I didn't get your email address - thought I would just let you know that the printing evening class is going to run again in September. I think booking opens on Tuesday (30th) if you're interested. Hope all is well with you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete